Monday, March 3, 2014

A Great Pyrenees to a not so " great pair of knees"

                                      A Great Pyrenees to a not so " great pair of knees."

February started with a big snow, followed by Valentines Day and a new addition to our family.  Zoey our Great Pyrenees was born December18th and we got her on February 15th.
She's cute, silly and adjusting from being born in a barn and knowing no other life than a litter of 8 and her mommy.  We also saw her daddy when we picked her up.  Both huge 100+ pounds Great Pyrenees.  Daddy's name was Bandit and mommy was Lilly.

So now we have two dogs which really keeps me busy.  Potty training, keeping her clean and trying to spread the attention to Marley as well.  It's better to be busy than sedentary so they keep me hopping.  Today she is 10 weeks old and we have had her 2 weeks.  

My challenge being an OCD person with Lupus and Fibro is keeping my house clean and potty training and caring for 2 large dogs.  Can't wait for weather to get nicer.  We can't start training Zoey on the electric fence until she is 4 months old but she has came a long way in 2 weeks. She's doing all the puppy things.running, jumping, playing, digging and pestering Marley.  Persistence and consistency is the name of the game.

Vet visit today. She weighs 13.3 pounds. She was right at 7 pounds when we got her. Vet said she'll double her weight in a month. 

Unfortunately My Lupus is in a flair now. Not sure if it's because of my activity or what but had to start back on Prednesone this week due to pain in both knees, both hip joints, left shoulder and left thumb.

Pain is better although my left knee keeps giving me fits....Praying that it does not take the same route my right knee took.

Just a small update, thanks for reading!

Be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.  Rev. 2:10

No comments:

Post a Comment