Thursday, June 19, 2014

Lupus a Rash from the Sun

Since the pool opened me and Heather have been going to the pool with the kids about everyday for 2-3 hours. I have wore 30+SPF, I wear my hat, even in the pool and sit in shade when I am not in water.....The Week of June 16th thru 20th my granddaughters from Florida came up to spend a couple weeks with us. We went to the pool every day and I noticed Tuesday a small red rash on my right ankle.  By Wednesday it was up on my shin and my ankles seemed to be swelled.  On Thursday I decided I needed a break from the sun and by Thursday night it's kinda splotchy and it looks like red dots...where it's possibly healing...Very strange...hopefully it will just heal up and not get worse.  I did ask in a Lupus Facebook page their opinion.  It was same as mine pretty much.  Lupus rash from sun...ugh!!!! So hard not to go to pool.  But I will be vidulent about continuing to use 30+ On sunscreen, wear my hat and sit in shade when I am not in pool and try to avoid the heat of the day. I sure don't want it on my face..or anywhere for that matter....

Needed to update blog.  That's all I've got.

1 comment:

  1. I wanted to let you know that your experiences that you've shared here on your blog has been one of the biggest words of encouragement to me since finding out I have lupus this part April. Alot of your experiences since the beginning ate very similar to what I have been going through and it helps to know that you and others aren't the only ones out there. Love being able to relate to you. Thank you so much for sharing everything and being that inspiration in this tough battle. I'm only 29 I'll be 30 in October and I just appreciate you so much for everything. This is going to be rough battle but I know I can get through it. If you ever would like to talk one on one I'm here for you as well. Thank you again for everything and looking forward to more updates in your life and hope to start something similar to this blog as well so that I can help others the same way you've helped me this far! Thanks again hope to talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete