Tuesday, November 22, 2011

There Will Always Be A First.....

But there will only be one last....

Rubbermaid tub full of journals...dating back 11 years consecutively and others dated farther off.....I searched through trying to find the last one... I found it...May 2011. In the front you wrote " this is a very big journal that Darlene bought me...I wonder if I will be around long enough to finish it"....you got to May 3rd no writings after that..... The 8th was Mothers Day, the last time we visited you at home...the last time....

You fell on the 9th...

There will always be a first....
A first time I drive by your house...
My first birthday......your first birthday.....
The anniversary of when You fell...your surgery anniversary........the anniversary of when God took you home...
The first thanksgiving...the first Christmas..all without you....

There will never be another last...last visit..last time I sat by your bed..last time I held your hand... Last time I told you I love you...

I miss you mom...

But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.  (2 Corinthians 12:9)

I lift up my eyes to the hills—
where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of heaven and earth.  (Psalm 121:1-2)

No comments:

Post a Comment