Saturday, March 17, 2012

A Tresure Hunt

I was on a mission this St. Patrick's Day morning to find my "Lucky Shirt". Just a grey shirt with a green shamrock that says lucky shirt....but as I entered the closed door of our guest room I was drawn to a little treasure chest...it is a jewelry box my mom left me...I don't go to those things very often...it's still so hard..as if I didn't go there that maybe it didn't really happen....just a few minutes looking into the bags for my shirt made me realize this hunt was not going to be worth wearing a shirt one day so I gave up and just as I was closing the guest room door the treasure chest caught my eye again....maybe I'll just take a peek.....and what caught my eye, caught my breath...yes, I have looked before but never noticed "The Butterfly". The sign for curing Lupus. I was diagnosed 2 1/2 months after mom died but she left me a butterfly. One of my "new favorite things". Another way God shows me, He has me in His hand...He has my back! And what I thought was going to be a cry fest turned out to be a bittersweet smile and a warmed heart.


So thank you mom for the treasure I found at the end of my treasure hunt on this St Patrick's Day, I found your butterfly gift instead of my lucky shirt, what a blessing!!!

Matt. 13:44a The Kingdom of Heaven is like a treasure, hidden in a field, that a person hid and found.

No comments:

Post a Comment