Monday, June 25, 2012

The answer to this should be interesting....

Started itching 6/18/12 called Dr Jonnala's office and ask to speak to nurse. The front desk lady said I needed to talk to the dr and she would have her call me..By Wednesday the itching was not so bad and I never received a call. I had some vacation days to take a break and Thursday and Friday were pretty good days. Saturday we went to the pool and unfortunately I got too much sun . I started itching bad by Sunday night I had to take Benadryl it was so bad. I felt like I was being ate up by something...Rick was not itching however we checked the dog for fleas and found nothing...we keep K9 Advantex II for fleas and tic and mosquitoes on her religiously...I was trying to figure out what in the world was going on....I have red bumps and spots on my legs and arms and some on my back and chest....I've tried aloe and still am itching like crazy. Needless to say I have put in another call to the Dr reminding the lady about our conversation last week and ask her if I should see my primary Dr or keep waiting for them to call me...I'm pretty sure I should hear back soon....
Just a note I have been on Cymbalta for 6 weeks...itching, rash is a side effect but would it take 6 weeks to have the reaction???? It sure is working for my pain...I actually love it......could it be from getting too much sun? I never hurt from the redness but I was very red..still am a little bit..but have been using aloe for it......right now I just need relief. Yes, itching is also a symptom of Lupus....The answer to this should be interesting.....



Update: Rheumotologist thinks its the Lupus. A flare is what it's typically called.....off to the pharmacy to start on prednesone. If the itching stops with that..it's for sure Lupus...if it doesn't it's most like side effect from one of my meds....

No comments:

Post a Comment