Sunday, September 2, 2012

Where Did August Go????

Where did August go ???

We got a call that Ricks mom had taken a turn for the worse.  We left on August 3rd she was in so much pain. On Saturday I got out my IPad and as Rick and I sat with her I sang His Eye is on the Sparrow.  She just smiled so big.  I was so glad I was able to do that for her...after  hospice was called in and for the next 2 weeks she laid in a morphine like coma to keep her out of pain..

   We saw our 29th  anniversary come and go on August 6th. Forgot my granddaughter Hope's birthday the same day.... I Did a constant family text to keep everyone at home up to date on Donna.  She died on August 16th.  The viewing on 19th funeral on 20th.  Such a bittersweet weekend....so glad she is not suffering anymore....

Got back to work on Tuesday the 21st and was off Thursday 23rd to prepare for Jason and Roses cross country move and a long weekend visit on the 24th.  Jason's family got here on Friday.  So,excited to see his  family and spend time with the boys.  Went to a few old favorite restaurants of theirs Rocky's and Brusters and went to the pool a couple times.  Great weekend.  Sat between both kids at church and Heather led choir and Hope sang "Amazing Grace My Chains are Gone."

Back to work Tuesday 28th and got a call Jim Mayes had died.  Great friend and as classmate at church.  Viewing Thursday with Honor Guard and funeral Friday with 21 gun salute and bagpipes.   The song they sang was "Amazing Grace My Chains are Gone."

11 year old Caeleigh called that evening and told us she led her 10 year old sister Makenna to Jesus!!!

A Lupus Flare started Wednesday 28th with extreme pain in my hips / upper leg joints and knees.  Thursday was horrible. I was in Kroger after work and didn't think i was going to able to walk to the front of the store....pain was sooo bad.

That night at Jim Mayes viewing i had to sit alot....Went to rheumotologist Friday. Put me back on steroids.  I told her I felt like I was going backwards... Have had alot of knee pain.  Hard to stand up after sitting or driving. She said to take prednesone for a week and if it works fine but if I have another flair in the next month she may have to change my autoimmune medication.  That makes me nervous.  Well now it's labor day weekend which we are so thankful for.lots,of resting, naps, church, movies and just resting with my hubby.....where did August go???? it was just a whirlwind for us.....


  I had an appointment with Dr  on the 30th  and by then the pain was worse.  She started me back on Prednsone for one week.......

  • Ecclesiastes 3:5 (NIV)
    a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment