Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Never say never


I have had ongoing knee pain since October . I kept trying to deal with it through all the Lupus pain meds and  Prednesone would take the edge off.  Until now...

On Jan 25 my hubby went to Dr Jonnala with me and she filled out FMLA paperwork that I am unable to participate in work .  That I have a permanent impairment (Lupus attacking my joints) that is not curable but is treatable but I am unable to work while taking the drugs.

So on Jan 28th I went in to work talked to my boss, Human resources, payroll, a Director friend and my staff.  I told them the situation that I just could not work right now. I faxed in my FMLA paperwork to my regional and human resources.   The rest of that week was horrible pain.  Elevating knee, icing and resting.  On Jan 31st I stood up when hubby walked in door and my knee buckled...

On Feb 1st I was taken by ambulance to ER.  They referred me to Orthopedic Dr. I've now had X-rays and MRI.

Dr. Smith at Athens Orthopedic  said today, Feb 12th  from viewing my MRI that My knee is tore in a couple places but not all the way through, it is sprained on one side and swollen. I have arthritis in both knees and I got a cortisone shot in the right one. I will continue to wear the brace. If it keeps hurting I will have to have surgery and he would have to go in and clean it up but he wanted to try this shot first. I said I would NEVER get a shot in my knee. I was so scared almost sick at my stomach I was so scared.  I had heard so many people say how much it hurts....teeth clenched I did it. There was nothing to it!!!! I said "that's it?!?!? I want to go ahead and do the other knee too!!" He laughed said next time but can't do both together. Ha!!
So now I rest and wait for the pain to go away......



And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns.  (Philippians 1:6)

1 comment:

  1. Oh Darlene, I'm so sorry to hear this. But maybe this is God's way of telling you to slow down. I have you in my thoughts and prayers. I know what it's like to live in constant pain. I'm in pain 24/7. I had my hearing today. My Attorney told me that I will get diability. He also said that I'll get medicare this year. But until I get that piece of paper saying I'm disabled, I worry, even though they all agreed and told me that I cannot work because I'm disabled. :-( If you ever need to talk, message me and I'll send you my phone number. Take care of YOU! Your sister in Christ!

    ReplyDelete