Monday, April 15, 2013

A Quick Get Away and Update.



I can't believe it's been over a month since I blogged !! It's not like I have been doing anything!  Just sitting in the recliner!  Or maybe that IS WHY because I have just been sitting in a recliner!! Ha!!

We did have a quick getaway! We took off in our camper with Marley to our camping spot in North Carolina Mountains. Went Tuesday, April 2nd through Sunday the 7th. Jason Rose, Junior, Jarrett, Josh, Jonah and Heather, Matt, Hope, Isabella, and Ben all went.  The kids ran and played and hiked and climbed rocks and rode the T-Rex and we had and egg hunt and snowball fights.  Lots of family fun times.





 Of course Teena and Gary were already there.We had cold weather, warm weather, rain and it even snowed and had icy roads.  Many campfires and meals together.  We did a little shopping in the little town that were easy in and out for me.  One of my favorites is a little coffee shop that has the best Chai Tea. It was a great time.


Lupus update: Both Knee pain everyday but I took it easy and it went fine.
Used cane when needed but didn't do a lot of walking and stayed pretty closed to camp unless we drove the T-Rex.  Most of this last month I have been under Dr Smiths care since my knee surgery.  I am still in allot of pain. I am shocked at how long the recovery is and how bad the pain has been.  I saw Dr Smith and he insisted I start PT so I Started PT April 10th. So far it's painful but I intend to have a positive attitude.  I told my daughter I was looking at it like I have a personal trainer.


So I continue the PT for 4-6 weeks and see my Ortho Dr May 23rd. FMLA ends on May 28th at work.

The LORD will guide you always; he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail. -- Isaiah 58:11

2 comments:

  1. Just happened across your blog. I am a lupus girl too or maybe I should say woman. In my mind I am still an energetic girl but lupus is making my body age too fast. Because I really didn't have anyone to talk to about lupus I started my blog.
    Would love it if you would stop by.
    http://lupustales.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting my blog. It does sound like we have a lot in common. I can't imagine a doctor holding up your meds just so you have to visit. That is the problem we get so very much dependent on our doctors that they end up calling all the shots.
    Take care,

    ReplyDelete