Thursday, October 27, 2011

What an eye opening experience!

The medication I am on for my Lupus is called Plaquenil. According to my Rheumotologist I have to have my eyes checked every 6 months to be sure the medication does not effect my eye sight...a side effect.....

I am typing this with contacts in my eyes !!!!! Now if you know me, you are shocked right now...I do not like the idea of anything in my eyes....BUT I couldn't see the glasses frames I was trying on.  My Eye Dr. had to numb my eyes for a test and he said "lets just put in contacts so you can pick out your frames"...he said I wouldn't even feel them go in.. I am NOT a contact person...the whole idea just turned me off....But he insisted I would probably enjoy them...He said, "Let's just do it" and we did.....and he was right.....

What an eye opening experience!
It was unbelievable seeing through contacts.......I was amazed.

But then it was time to take them out and that was a whole different story...he could not get them out...after 3 tries him grabbing at them... me blinking...twitching...he had to put numbing drops back in my eyes again to get them out.

I think he was getting nervous because as he was trying one last time to grab them out and he said, "It's a good thing you don't want contacts!!!"
And although it was an enlightening experience it is not one I will ever choose to do again :)

So glad we don't need glasses or contacts to see our Lord. He is always there. He sees our every move, hears our every prayer.


Reminds me of one of my favorite songs:
I have a maker He formed my heart Before even time began My life was in his hands
He knows my name He knows my every thought He sees each tear that falls And hears me when I call.I have a Father He calls me his own He'll never leave me No matter where I go He knows my name He knows my every thought He sees each tear that falls And hears me when I call.

No comments:

Post a Comment